Monday, May 5, 2008

Time for an Experiment

I know that I haven't really voiced my opinion about OS (Operating System) usage on this blog... but to be honest that because I really can't decide.

I would rather like to try them all and see if any of them suite me... To be honest... I have tried Linux. Just Ubuntu, Zenwalk Linux, DSL (Damn Small Linux), Puppy Linux, SuSe 10.1, Fedora Core 6, Red Hat Linux... I think that thats all of them so far. And I have to say... its different and I like them for that. But I keep reverting to Windows for some things... and for right now the only thing that is making stick to Windows is mmorpgs because none of the ones I play work in WINE. But anyway.... to get to what I want to write about today....

As with OS choice in my life I have been also has the problem with using just one browser. I first used IE (Internet Explorer) ... but that was in my middle to early high school years. And to be honest I am worried more with rendering accuracy and speed then compatibility with the OS. And so I have used Firefox for years but then I found Opera and it really surprised me and works quite well though... its speed proclaims really depend on your connection so whatever. But then.. about a year ago... I introduced myself to Mac and OS X a little... after a Apple store opened up at a local mall. And I have to say that it fascinates me and I have to say that I don't like Itunes or Safari that well... mostly because Itunes to me is a kludge. And doesn't meet my demands as a user... but I have seriously of late been thinking of buying a mac either a mac mini or a macbook... just because I like to test and experiment... 

Now upon my mention of the word "experiment" I will finally get to the point. I as of today messed with Flyakite OS X since I like generally like the theme that OS X carries. I have decided that if I can use Safari on Windows for entire week without switching back to my old roots of browsing. Then I will stick with it. If I an survive that. I will then progress another step up and use Linux for a week straight. And if I survive that then I will use that more. I will then see if I can try and get a mac sometime soon. And use that for an entire month. Now I do realize that overall my experimentation is expensive and time consuming and I don't have enough money for a macbook let alone a mac mini. But I will probably just split this experiment up into sections to make it easier on me and my current situation.

I think that I have written enough for now so I'm going to wrap this post up and if anyone has any suggestions or questions please leave a comment.

So until the next post...

Stay Zen. 

- SA (SerenadedAbyss)

No comments:

Post a Comment